Wednesday, January 5, 2011

my gift to the world....?

Tweet This
you'd think after four years of college, and 15 prior years of private schooling, i'd have a clue as to what i wanted to do with my life. as stated in my first post the longest journey begins with a single step, i grew up with grandious ideas of what i'd be doing by the time i turned 25. besides living on my own and being a college graduate, i feel like, i haven't done much. currently, i have two jobs -- 9-5 as an office worker (im a backorder coordinator for a high end appliance distributor) and i bartend weekends. i think im a good, and hard worker (so do my employers). but i have NO desire to stay in the field i am currently in. at all. i couldn't give a flying crap about appliances really. so that brings me to the unanswered question of, "what DO i want to do with my life?" what will my gift to the world be?

when i think on it, dance, fashion, and helping kids are the things in my life that bring me the greatest joy. i feel i can lose myself in them and find happiness, excitement, and satisfaction. however, i know i don't know enough about dance or fashion yet to make enough to sustain myself now. and i don't have the patience yet to deal w/ kids 24/7 as career. back to running into them there walls. at least its a start.... maybe i can teach fashionable childern the joys of dance? lol

i am fully aware that i can not continue to do the same things, and expect different results (i.e. my first blog post, again lol). somethings gotta give. maybe i should take up trying new things again?

whatever it is i end up doing, its going to be a big deal. i feel like anything else would be a waste of my life.

"the most absurd and reckless aspirations have sometimes led to extraordinary success."
~ vauvenargues

"the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do."
~ steve jobs
do any of you know what your passion is? how did you figure it out? are you living your passion now? any suggestions?

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes it takes a lifetime to figure out what your calling is. As long as you remain curious, imaginative and resilient you're on the right path. Living out one's passion is a full-time effort that may involve the combination of a lifetime's worth of effort...so remain strong and true to yourself...you have the tools to get there. Love you....Earl D

    ReplyDelete