Thursday, January 20, 2011

did you hear bout Dana? i heard she........

Tweet This
*oh hey ya'll*

hahahahhaahahahaha!!! i love family guy, and i say this to my dogs EVERY time i walk into my home. lol

anywho, this is probablly going to be a #nobodycares post, but i've got some time to kill. work with me. this is going to be about me (like every other post, go figure). only difference, it's a bit more random. i guess a "did you know" kinda thing. why not right?

i was born and raised in queens, ny. went to private schools my entire life. graduated with my bachelors in communications from Adelphi University. i love dancing. my mom is a dance teacher (as well as a school teacher). so, growing up, my mom had me in dance school. unlike a lot of these kids today, i didn't have a choice. from about two, i was up and at the dance school with her, dancin my lil tail off. fortunate for me, she wouldn't let me stop, and i loved it (thanks ma). i was given the opportunity to give back, and taught classes to the younger girls for quite some time (i miss it to no end :( my babies were/are awesome lil dancin machines!). i recently stopped when i started bartending. diggin that a lot too lol. my personal fave part is mixing new drinks. i love when i'm given that opportunity. i just love being able to be creative.

i have two dogs, Binxi and ChuChi. i complain about them for at least 3hrs out of everyday, but i love them all 24.


i have a lil brother. he's my favorite, and only blood brother. he's kinda big now, and is a junior in college.


i am blessed to have both my mom and dad, and all four of my grandparents with me. i have a bunch of AWESOME aunts and uncles, who i thank god for all the time. they may think i don't listen to em, but i do. i just can't let you guys know. duh. lol i also have a ton of cousins. all of whom i love and appreicate. i never see any of them as much as i would like to, and im closer to some than others, but, ya'll are still stuck with me so LEARN TO DEAL!

i love shoes. i love shopping for shoes. im not big on sneakers. at all. i also love clothes. like, how many girls don't? did i mention i love shoes? notice i didn't say i love fashion. i urks me when someone says this and then can't tell you who karl largefeld is or who the creative director of chanel is (hint, hint, followed by a long *blank stare*). i think i can honestly say, i enjoy fashion as much as the next stylish young lady, but definitely couldn't tell you anything of actual importance. however, if i didn't have any financial responsibilites, i'd go back to undergrad and be a fashion major. you know learn about textiles, sewing, pattern drafting, HISTORY of fashion, etc. little known fact: my senior thesis was on fashion.
shopping will forever be my battle with the dollar. im too old not to have savings, but uuuugggh shopping i love you so!! there's always something i want, and i seriously have a small (really, nothing too terrible.....?) problem with NOT getting what i want when it is fully within my means.

whatelse can i bore you guys with.....
oh, duh. i love music. all types of music. little known fact, i played the clarinet for 10 years. NYC honor band and all. i WHOLEHEARTEDLY feel that life is better with a pair of earphones in (when odee loud speakers would be unacceptable). im one of those weirdos that picks songs that would be on my "life soundtrack" lol. currently, my artists on constant repeat are miguel, bruno mars, j. cole, cee lo, kid cudi & wiz khalifa. (feel like a musical post is comming soon.....)

i actully like being alone. not like, in the creepy sense, but i think i'm GREAT company, so why not enjoy my own company? i don't find the need to have an entourage to do everything, or a boyfriend to "check in" with. i actually enjoy sitting on my couch watching a movie, by myself, or even going to the movies alone (i hate when people talk during dialogue -_- ). i'm not saying i don't like having company, but, i don't think it's always necessary. i'm single, not broken. i think i'm gona stay this way (not necessarily by choice) until i can better understand myself, as myself. no need to have someone else confuse me, i do a grand job of that on my own. i don't think i'll be single forever, and am starting to be able to deal with letting god adjust that as he sees fit, when he sees fit.

ok, i think im even getting bored of myself now lol
anything you want me to go into deeper, or anything i didn't mention, go ahead and ask. i'm sure i'll have more time to kill again soon.
=)

No comments:

Post a Comment